Little White Lies
We co-founded the world’s most beautiful movie magazine. Then we transformed it. During our eight years of creative leadership, LWLies became an influential cross-platform brand, stretching from print to digital, connecting you to the films you love wherever you are.
“Really clever and cool. I’m really taken with you guys.”
- Create an “honest, passionate and unmerciful” independent movie magazine as a direct response to the soft-focus, PR-led, Hollywood-dominated focus of mainstream film publications.
- Turn Little White Lies into a cross-platform brand that puts film fans first and helps them love movies more – in print, in digital and in life.
- We illustrated each collectors-edition cover for iconic impact. Little White Lies’ beautifully detailed design stretched the possibilities of print, from wood-carved artwork to 3D treatment.
- We designed and built a responsive website, which became the fulcrum of a cross-platform content strategy to reach film fans with the right information at the right time.
- We created a mobile app that takes you to the movies - geo-locating the user, matching film reviews with local cinema listings and allowing people to invite friends and book tickets.
- We hosted much-talked-about parties at the Cannes Film Festival, curated exhibitions and launched nationwide screenings.
- The Little White Lies app clocked up a 4.5 star rating in the iTunes and Google Play stores under our stewardship. It was selected as The Guardian’s App of the Week.
- More than 80% of Little White Lies print magazine readers say they will keep their copies forever.
- Little White Lies was featured in Time magazine, The Guardian and international press.
- Our trusted reputation for authenticity led to the film industry’s biggest stars - from Francis Ford Coppola to Quentin Tarantino - granting us access that was denied to most press.
- More importantly, we built a highly engaged, passionate and loyal community of more than 100,000 fans in both the online and offline worlds.