International Alert Brand Identity
Rebranding one of the world’s most inspiring, impactful peacebuilding organisations.
“We are absolutely delighted with our new brand positioning – our new logo and strapline perfectly encapsulate our message. Human After All were an excellent partner, always patient, never imposing.”
- With three decades’ experience in peacebuilding, International Alert has unrivalled expertise in resolving conflicts across the globe.
- But too often, Alert was seen as a research-focused think-tank rather than a dynamic peacebuilder creating real impact.
- With a 30-year anniversary, a fresh five-year strategy and a new high-profile CEO, Alert asked us to help them reposition its brand to better represent the organisation, what it stands for and what it does.
- We ran a Brand Essence workshop with the International Alert team, including their global CEO and COO, to explore International Alert’s brand purpose, position and personality.
- What emerged was a powerful idea, ‘Everyday peace’, that turned a faraway, naive ideal into something tangible, possible and inspiring.
- We used these learnings to form the basis of Alert’s new identity, helping us to create a brand narrative, brand pillars and tagline: “Peace is within our power.”
- For the new logo, we used an ‘open sun’ to symbolise Alert’s Brand Essence with richness and simplicity.
- This imperfect circle - which changes subtly with every use - suggests an imperfect world, but one that’s wide open with warmth, hope and possibility.
- We designed this main logomark as a dynamic canvas for other brand symbols, evoking Alert’s collaborative strategy and its core belief.
- The main icon combines a classic image of peace with a very human element. The open hand, inviting peaceful collaboration. The dove, representing hope and possibility.
- The logo sat at the centre of a smart graphic system that conveyed International Alert’s values to multiple audiences.
- We developed this simple, flexible toolkit of brand assets to flourish within demanding contexts and impact powerfully in any offline or online space.